Pandemic Response Plan as of 6/23/2020
Please see the below added resources:
Covid-19 (Corona Virus) Facts (CDC FAQ website page)
Covid-19 (Corona Virus) Frequently asked questions: (CDC YouTube Video)
ASSE Break The Chain Poster Covid-19 (Poster)
4/7/2020 – Pandemic Response Plan
Coronavirus Covid-19 Bel-Aire Pandemic Response Plan
Safety and Health at Bel-Aire Mechanical is a vital part of every operation. Without question, safety and health of all employees, contractors, vendors and the environment is every employee’s responsibility. This responsibility is shared at all levels, from entry level to the owner of our company.
The Covid-19 virus has put our communities, workplace, and resources in strain as we strive to maintain our daily activities. The Bel-Aire Management team has enacted our Pandemic Response Procedure and will be meeting on a regular basis in an effort to plan and guide the company through the virus threat. Please find below the current Pandemic Response Plan derived to help reduce employee’s exposure levels and increase our level of preparedness to sustain company operations.
A few main points of emphasis:
- Please wash and sanitize your hands and general work areas as much as possible each day.
- Use tissues and cover mouth and nose if sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid unnecessary hand contact with other items.
- Refrain from unnecessary congregation and traveling through other employees work areas. Use main entrances and exits as much as possible.
- Do not come to work if exhibiting the signs and symptoms of illness, fever, coughing, vomiting, dizziness, etc.
- Maintain a 6-foot working distance at all times at minimum. If unable to maintain administrative guidance’s then use face covering items, such as but not limited to; handkerchiefs, dust masks, cloth/elastic mouth and nose coverings, etc, to reduce the amount of incidental fluid exchange in air while communicating with one another.
Visit http://belairemechanical.com/safety/for future updates.
See below for Full Plan
Bel-Aire Mechanical Pandemic Response Plan Corona Virus (Covid-19 )
- All employees that have traveled outside the U.S. in the past 60 days will be monitored and not dispatched to mission critical locations.
- Employees that have worked at a location that may have had a Covid-19 reported infection and may have been in contact with the area of contamination will be monitored and not dispatched to mission critical locations.
- Incorporate each Bel-Aire jobsite Safety Plan as well as add Contractor/Owners site specific plans pertaining to the Covid-19 threat into Bel-Aire’s plan as needed.
Pre-Site entrance procedures and processes.
On site work distancing.
Face, Mouth, and Hand covering procedures as needed if unable to control distancing.
Update Pre-Tasks to include Covid-19 reviews
Staggering work schedules
- Encourage Customers, Clients, Vendors, and potential customers to use remote facilities, telecommunications, and technology-based formats for meetings and communication. Refrain from visiting Bel-Aire’s main office or trailers/job sites if not absolutely needed.
- Employee gatherings of more than 4 will be discouraged.
- Control Break Room/Break Areas/Meeting Rooms
- Reduction in amount of seating.
- Separation of seating to maintain six feet distance
- Meetings – Use Video, Computer, or Teleconference
- Employees with job duties that can be accomplished by telecommuting will be explored.
- Key employees will ensure a cross-trained and prepared employee has been established to fill in and maintain continuity if they may be ill.
- Supervisors will be instructed to report to Safety and HR employees that exhibit extended symptoms of illness, fever, coughing, vomiting, dizziness, etc.
- Employees that demonstrate these symptoms and are instructed by the Safety Director and HR Director to consult a Doctor will not be permitted to return to work without a Doctors release to work.
- Purchasing/PM’s will maintain constant contact with their key vendors to determine the impact of the outbreak on their operations and its effects on our ability to perform our daily functions.
- All Issues and concerns will be communicated to Bel-Aire Management Pandemic Response Coordinator and management team. Any issues determined to be a threat to a job site or project will be immediately communicated to the GC or Owner for collaboration. 1. The Pandemic Response Coordinator will ensure a plan to obtain extra quantities of any necessary supplies that may be threatened due to the outbreak.
- Bel-Aire will monitor staffing levels at all locations and ensure resources to maintain critical operations are prepared.
- Restrict and monitor the staffing of workforce from one jobsite to another. The workforce assignments will be on an as needed basis to complete the scope of work at that time. Bel-Aire has been and will continue to follow all of our customer’s protocols that have been put in place.
- Should any job site complications, closing, or quarantine take place, staffing availability or concern, the team will review and communicate to the customer as needed.
- Should a job site or location be closed or isolated, notices shall be posted and emails will be sent prominently at and from the location to the Bel-Aire Pandemic Response Coordinator. Bel-Aire Management team will immediately inform customers of the situation and tell them where and how they can transact business. Telephone and other lines of communication will be routed to a location where they will be staffed by employees so customers’ attempts to reach us do not go unanswered.
- The Pandemic Response Coordinator and the team will ensure that the customers are kept informed of any changes that affect their transaction of business with Bel-Aire. On an as needed basis, information will be included on the home page of our website, in the lobbies of our locations, and in other media as appropriate.
- The implementation of the employee contact plan to ensure that all employees are kept informed of developments as they occur, including employees who remain at home.
- Website, emails, etc.
- Implement periodic routine cleaning/disinfection of surfaces such as desktops, keyboards, lunch tables, doorknobs, faucets, handrails, etc.
- Oxivir Tb and Re-Juv-Nal Disinfectant/Detergent, or the like, on hand for daily cleaning and wipe downs of all general areas by cleaning crew.
- Promote general employee hand cleaning and cleanliness.
- Hand sanitizers and tissues distributed and stocked weekly in various locations in shop and at job sites.
- Bel-Aire Senior Management and Pandemic response team will meet at a minimum weekly, Tuesdays at 10am, to continue follow up and further communication, until the current virus threat is resolved or as deemed necessary by the Coordinator.
Please forward all requests or questions for or about this plan to Scott Kienast, Pandemic Response Coordinator, for further response.
Scott Kienast EH&S Director
World Health Organization
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)